Throughout the year Sebastian Eriksson World Cup Jersey , villagers share a common interest in gambling, travelling (pai tiao) and sports. Gambling is a passion. The national lottery excites imaginations in every province, as do cock, bull Patrik Carlgren World Cup Jersey , fish and cricket fights by the score. Card games are a pastime favoured by both sexes and almost everyone can play Thai style chess.

Pai tiao by foot, boat, bus, motor bike or rail is a favourite way to relax Travelling makes the villages less insular and personal relations with family and friends are trea sured as much for the opportunities they afford for travel as for the affection upon which they are based.

Besides national celebrations there are regional festivals like the Northeast Ngan Hae Bong Fai or skyrocket festival in May or June of each year. Traditionally a period of letting off steam Pa Konate World Cup Jersey , the festival?s highpoint occurs when, amongst much high spirited revelry, villagers fire homemade rockets, some of them 20 metres tall Nicklas Barkroth World Cup Jersey , into the sky to ensure plentiful rainfall for the forthcoming rice season.

A sharp contrast can be seen in the soberly attended, purely religious festivals such as the Northeastern Sern Prawaerd which commemorates the Buddha?s last incarnation before his rebirth to become the historical Buddha. Inside the temple compound, individual monks take turns chanting the story of Prawaerd and of the Buddha?s numerous other previous exis tences.

Takraw and kite flying are popular sports. Takraw is played by a loosely formed circle of men who use their feet, knees Mikael Ishak World Cup Jersey , thighs, chests and shoulders to acrobatically pass a woven rattan ball to each other, endeavouring to keep it per petually in the air and eventually kick it into a basket hung high above their heads.

Kites are flown mainly during the breezy hot season. Popular in Thailand since at least the founding of Sukhothai, kites have profitably been used in war fare : an Ayutthayan governor quelled a 1690 Northeast city state?s rebellion by flying massive chula kites over the besieged city and bombing it into submission with jars of explosives.

Nowadays Melker Hallberg World Cup Jersey , kite flying is an individual pleasure or a competitive sport. Opposing teams fly male (chula) and female (pakpao) kites in a surrogate battle of the sexes. The small, agile pakpao tries to fell the more cumbersome chula, while the male kite seeks to ensnarl the female kite and drag it back into male territory.

During temple fairs, another popular sport Marcus Rohden World Cup Jersey , the unique martial art of Thai boxing, is frequently featured. An art of self defence developed during the Ayutthaya period, Thai boxing forbids biting, spitting or wrestling. However Linus Wahlqvist World Cup Jersey , boxers may punch, kick and shove and unrestrainedly use bare feet, legs, knees Kerim Mrabti World Cup Jersey , elbows, shoulders and fists to savage each other into submission. A vicious kick in the throat, an elbow smash to the eyes, a knee into the stomach or a whiplash kick in the groin can immediately floor the sturdiest of opponents. Nowa days Karl-Johan Johnsson World Cup Jersey , boxers wear conventional boxing gloves, a somewhat civilized development considering that less than 50 years ago boxers customarily fought with fists bound with hemp which contained liberal amounts of ground glass.
Author's Resource Box

http:konruk.netphotosshowsaro_cmos4647 http:konruk.netphotosshowsaro_cmos4646 http:konruk.netphotosshowsaro_cmos4645

Article Source:

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 13 (Xinhua) -- Mahe Drysdale from New Zealand defended his title in the men's single sculls in the rowing regatta of the 2016 Olympics Games here on Saturday.

Drysdale and Croatia's Damir Martin both finished the race in 6 minutes and 41.34 seconds. According to the photo finish, Drysdale had a slight advantage to become the Olympic champion. Ondrej Synek from the Czech Republic took bronze in 6:44.10.

Drysdale won his third medal in this event and second successive gold. He then joined Soviet Union's Vyatcheslav Ivanov, Finland's Pertti Karpinnen, Germany's Thomas Lange, Norway's Olaf Tufte as one of the scullers who have become an Olympic champion in the men's single sculls more than once.

Drysdale said in the post-match press conference: "With 400 (meters) to go I was feeling quite comfortable and sitting out in front. I realized Damir was a big threat in closing the gap. I've obviously had a lot of practice and lost to Ondrej in the last few years with those finishes."

Drysdale was not sure if he will retire.

"I'm 37 now and I'll be 41 in Tokyo. I'll make that decision in the next three to four months. I'm not writing anything off. I'm probably 5050 at the moment," he said.

Martin became the fifth Croat rower to win multiple medals in rowing. He claimed silver in men's quadruple sculls in 2012.

"It's one of the perfect ones, where I did 100 per cent, even more. The last 100 meters was incredible, the shouts from the spectators were crazy," said Martin.

The bronze was Synek's third successive medal in this event after silver in 2008 and 2012. He said: "What a race. Not so comfortable, today it wasn't my day, but I'm really happy with the third place, because it is the 12th medal in my career, and my competitors Mahe and Damir were much better today. But I think every medal from the Olympics is counted, so I'm really happy."

Kimberley Brennan from Australia claimed a gold medal in the women's single sculls in 7:21.54 seconds. It was Australia's second gold medal in women's rowing. Australia also won gold in the women's pair in the Atlanta 1996 Olympic Games.

Genevra Stone from the United States and Duan Jingli from China took silver and bronze, respectively in 7:22.92 and 7:24.13.

Kimberley Brennan has expected the gold for long as she won a silver (double sculls) and bronze (single sculls) in the London 2012 Olympic Games.

"I've imagined this so many times. So much work has gone into this over the past 11 years and I've h. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping   Cheap NFL Jerseys From China   Cheap NBA Jerseys Online   Cheap College Jerseys From China   Cheap NHL Hockey Jerseys   Wholesale Jerseys China   Wholesale Jerseys   Cheap Custom Sports Jerseys   Cheap Basketball Jerseys China   Cheap Custom Sports Jerseys